The Parish of St Agnes with St Paul and St Barnabas
Prophetic words about God’s “original design” for our Parish, given by 2 American associate pastors from New Song (Church) at Tacoma, Washington State, in May 2007
The 3 churches have different attributes but if you put them together as one Church they encompass everything.
· Church of evangelism, reach out to community and significant impact. Specifically that those who don’t know the Lord would get saved.
· Created to be joyful and light….a non-believer could come in and be struck by the atmosphere.
· Created to be a place that those that are really selfish would not fit in real well. It is not about them becoming spiritually fat. It is uncomfortable for the religious person.
· Place of encouragement and blessing, the core would be marked by blessing one another.
· Created as a blessing to the community and other churches around them.
· Training centre. someone could go to St Agnes and get saved, they would come to St Barnabas to get trained, discipled, equipped.
· Passion for holiness and revival….a new person would come in and feel the intensity for the Lord.
· Strong cementing of the Bible, much Bible teaching like expository preaching but with passion and fire.
· Giving church, financially support and bless those around it.
· Eyes on the world, missions and sending out place. Internationally or locally. Almost a revolving door. Not so much like a church but a sending place. Really unique from the other two.
· Other churches look at this church and think this church is crazy because they live in great faith and on the edge.
· Prayer and intercession.
· Hearing from the Lord and obeying it. It does not need as much structure. You never knew what was going to happen.
You followed the Spirit.